Director of Technical Solutions - AEC
- Greenville, SC, USA
- Full Time
Our Director of Technical Solutions is responsible for assessing and prioritizing customers' business goals, developing a clear path to success, executing projects to accomplish these goals, and lead the technical team responsible for delivering the appropriate solution.
To do so, the candidate will need to be a recognized thought leader in the AEC industry: one who can connect insights and trends in technology to clients' real-world challenges. Successful execution of thought leadership will be in two key facets: 1) direct engagement with clients, often acting as a leading face of TPM, 2) building the correct blend of internal resources and partners to deliver solutions.
This role is supported by a team of Technical Solutions Consultants, a group of highly skilled practitioners ready to be guided by a dynamic and inspirational leader. Such leadership will be rooted in understanding industry trends and acting on them by cultivating a team through professional development and change management, all while deeply committed to being at the frontier of progress in the industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the overarching technical direction of the AEC division in direct support of sales goals and strategic objectives, working in deep partnership with the Sales Director.
• Coach, mentor, and develop a dynamic group of Technical Solutions Consultants and Managers to create a world class services organization, rooted in a high degree of consultative excellence.
• Thought leadership in AEC industry trends, evolving practices and technologies. Be intrinsically connected throughout the supply chain, including partners, vendors and customers.
• Be a lead engagement actor, taking responsibility for leading business strategy meetings with client executives.
• Work in concert with the AEC sales organization to align technical priorities with the overall division goals.
• Manage and deliver in-depth and consultative customer engagements.
• Architect ideal workflow and technology solutions.
• Develop detailed SOW as a documented plan to achieve desired business goals.
• Present solutions to business leaders and industry users.
• Generate thought leadership and solutions-based content.
• Lead project management practices initiatives for professional services.
• Work with the sales team to expand professional services within strategic accounts.
• Minimum 15 years of industry experience.
• Prior hands-on experience in deploying CAD, data management, project management, engineering/analysis and other related AEC technology solutions.
• Management of, or deep involvement in, design/engineering technology stack of moderate sophistication and preferably at an enterprise level.
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating improvements of company workflows and processes using technology.
• Firm understanding of how AEC companies function.
• Proven ability to successfully lead teams.
• Analytical thinker with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to schedule and manage several projects at one time.
• Outstanding presentation and written communication skills.
• Proven industry thought leader and subject matter expert in Architecture and Engineering.
• B.S. Degree in Architecture/Engineering or related field.
• Expert knowledge of Autodesk AEC products, including cloud solutions.
• ERP/CRM experience.
• Project Management technology experience.
• Database and system integration experience.
• IT/technology deployment experience.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts