Director of Technical Solutions - AEC
- Greenville, SC, USA
- Full Time
Our Director of Technical Solutions is responsible for assessing and prioritizing customers' business goals, developing a clear path to success, executing projects to accomplish these goals, and lead the technical team responsible for delivering the appropriate solution.
To do so, the candidate will need to be a recognized thought leader in the AEC industry: one who can connect insights and trends in technology to clients' real-world challenges. Successful execution of thought leadership will be in two key facets: 1) direct engagement with clients, often acting as a leading face of TPM, 2) building the correct blend of internal resources and partners to deliver solutions.
This role is supported by a team of Technical Solutions Consultants, a group of highly skilled practitioners ready to be guided by a dynamic and inspirational leader. Such leadership will be rooted in understanding industry trends and acting on them by cultivating a team through professional development and change management, all while deeply committed to being at the frontier of progress in the industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the overarching technical direction of the AEC division in direct support of sales goals and strategic objectives, working in deep partnership with the Sales Director.
• Coach, mentor, and develop a dynamic group of Technical Solutions Consultants and Managers to create a world class services organization, rooted in a high degree of consultative excellence.
• Thought leadership in AEC industry trends, evolving practices and technologies. Be intrinsically connected throughout the supply chain, including partners, vendors and customers.
• Be a lead engagement actor, taking responsibility for leading business strategy meetings with client executives.
• Work in concert with the AEC sales organization to align technical priorities with the overall division goals.
• Manage and deliver in-depth and consultative customer engagements.
• Architect ideal workflow and technology solutions.
• Develop detailed SOW as a documented plan to achieve desired business goals.
• Present solutions to business leaders and industry users.
• Generate thought leadership and solutions-based content.
• Lead project management practices initiatives for professional services.
• Work with the sales team to expand professional services within strategic accounts.
• Minimum 15 years of industry experience.
• Prior hands-on experience in deploying CAD, data management, project management, engineering/analysis and other related AEC technology solutions.
• Management of, or deep involvement in, design/engineering technology stack of moderate sophistication and preferably at an enterprise level.
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating improvements of company workflows and processes using technology.
• Firm understanding of how AEC companies function.
• Proven ability to successfully lead teams.
• Analytical thinker with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to schedule and manage several projects at one time.
• Outstanding presentation and written communication skills.
• Proven industry thought leader and subject matter expert in Architecture and Engineering.
• B.S. Degree in Architecture/Engineering or related field.
• Expert knowledge of Autodesk AEC products, including cloud solutions.
• ERP/CRM experience.
• Project Management technology experience.
• Database and system integration experience.
• IT/technology deployment experience.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.